Thursday, September 30, 2010

Black Mask Disguise


I see your cloak
In a crowded room,
Your face
Releasing the light
Into the inevitable gloom.
The scar in your eyes
Sees
Behind
My black mask disguise
And all self control
Leaves the room.

I move through the crowd
The voices carry; loud
Needing to
Need to reach.....
You.

I see your cloak,
black;
Moving through the voices
Moving away.
My cry breaks the room,
Your eyes
Falling upon my open disguise
Feeding into my tomb.
Pearl white fingers
Reach for me
Shadows rise
Tears set in my eyes,
I dare not move.
I feel blind
In the by and by
Waiting for the cry
Until I feel your hand in mine,
In the mist of the crowd;
Voices no longer loud.
The room is still
In the silence I feel
Your face
Releasing the light
And the scar in your eyes
See
past my
Black mask disguise.

copyright 2010

10 comments:

  1. like i have stated before - you are an excellent poet...really like the flow of the whole piece...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful flow...the scar in your eyes...allowing to see beyond...very nice one shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many need someone to see beyond the mask...and hold a hand. And those with scars who have been healed, can do this very thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with BKM you are quite the poet. Nice one shot. Love and Light, Sender

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ahve done a wonderful job,.. I enjoyed every word of it... Laura and loved the last part... thanks for sharing..

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow.. this is beautiful.. Quite the poem here! The scar seeing past the mask, such a lovely thought! :)

    My One Shot Is Here

    ReplyDelete
  7. W O W
    that's a meeting. I can see so cleartly that weet encounter
    Loved this oNE!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by everyone and for your wonderful comments. I have enjoyed visiting your blogs!
    Melissa Campbell, you have it! That is exactly what we all need!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beyond the mask lives a real person, who can be visible even with a scar in the eye!

    Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strong, ethereal-dark visuals on this.

    ReplyDelete