Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Castle and A Queen

You are not a castle
and I am no queen.
I have placed my heart
upon a dream
a dream that no longer lives.

You are not a knight
Not my savior
not my right,
only a dream
A far away dream
of a castle and a queen.

You are not a prince
Nor I a fallen maiden,
hushed by a kiss
upon a fallen raven
to be a dream
A far away dream
of a castle and a queen.

You are not a castle
and I am no queen.
I have placed my heart
upon a dream,
A dream of you
That no longer lives.

8 comments:

  1. smiles. a bit sad...when you build your hopes on a dream...particularly one that wont become a reality...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and sad... I am intrigued by 'upon a fallen raven'...
    Cheers
    Padmavani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, sad but so often what happens in the cycle of love

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad but that is exactly what happens to many a castle and queen when we expect one to be our knight...love the meter in the poem...thank you...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intense!
    Enjoyed what all it said in simple words- yet expressing all emotions within..

    Great One Shot!
    Love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad piece, vivid pains of letting go of the dream and transforming into a less reality. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aahh.. I hear sadness in this one, Laura... and I hear some wistfulness too...
    But with your words, you have expressed it so beautifully, my dear.. so lucid.. so vivid...
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sad...feels like a recognition hard won. I like the rhythm, the repeating line.

    ReplyDelete